More About This Blog

This year after so many other numerous new year resolutions of losing weight I am actually making a true leap to really get there. I have always been over weight. The last time I was any where near the weight I was supposed to be was 3rd grade. In my sophomore year of High School I weighed 232 lbs. In 2004 I weighed 287 lbs. Now I weigh 324 lbs. At my most I was 338 lbs.

I am going to use this blog as a way for me to track my ups and downs and find out what really works for me. I am not trying anyone type of diet, but rather searching through them all and pulling what I can use to stay healthy for the rest of my life. This isn't going to be a get thin in 6 month trip...the things I do have to last in the long-term or I will end up quitting and ending up right back where I started or worse off.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Daily - January 6, 2010

Hey Hey,

Today my eating followed along the rest of this week and was relatively a huge improvement to what I was doing before this journey. Brought home lunch to work. I am continued to be surprised that I haven't given in and gone to the cafe at school.

Very tempting when people around me are eating but I will not lie - my co-workers food looked good and smelled good and for a split second I wanted it, but it wasn't as overwhelming as I have experienced in the past. I didn't have the cookie monster reaction - where I gobble, gobble, gobble, and then ask where the cookies went. I kept to my plan and stayed true to the change I am trying to make in my life.

As for exercise...I did the same route today and finished a little faster than before just by a few minutes. However my ankle was sore. I noticed a pain when my right foot landed (but not pain when I push off the foot) about half way through the walk and at some points thought about cutting it short, but I didn't. I just kept on walking and finished.

On todays walk my sister came along which could have attributed to my walking faster since she is a faster walker than me - often gets ahead and then stops and walks in place until I catch up and I don't mean to but I think I increased my pace to catch up to her.

I think that I will focus on my pace in the future as I want to walk, but I want to be sure that I don't also hurt my self and cause myself to feel like I am going too hard and then call it quits or feel the need to take a break which leads the lots of back sliding.

Gotta crawl before I can walk, and I gotta walk before I can run - not everyone has too, but I know that this is how I work in certain situations. This journey I am working on finding out what works for me - not the masses - and making that work for my future.

Food Rating 7 out of 10
Exercise Rating 5 out of 10

Live, Love, & Laugh...Often,

HB

No comments:

Post a Comment