More About This Blog

This year after so many other numerous new year resolutions of losing weight I am actually making a true leap to really get there. I have always been over weight. The last time I was any where near the weight I was supposed to be was 3rd grade. In my sophomore year of High School I weighed 232 lbs. In 2004 I weighed 287 lbs. Now I weigh 324 lbs. At my most I was 338 lbs.

I am going to use this blog as a way for me to track my ups and downs and find out what really works for me. I am not trying anyone type of diet, but rather searching through them all and pulling what I can use to stay healthy for the rest of my life. This isn't going to be a get thin in 6 month trip...the things I do have to last in the long-term or I will end up quitting and ending up right back where I started or worse off.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Daily - January 10, 2011

Hey Hey,

Back to school, work, and home life (which for me can be time consuming). My eating today hasn't been so great. Not in the things that I am eating, but in the fact that I must remember to pack my food and eat them at the correct intervals. I bought this garlic herb chicken breast from Target and I have to say it isn't as appetizing as a mcchicken, but the gh-chicken sure is healthier than the mcchicken.

Exercising will be different for the future since on MW I watch my nephew and TR I have work, class, work, traveling, class, traveling, & then I get home about 8pm. I'm and determined to make it work though. Today I watched my nephew Mr. Dozie. I attempted to take him with me on my walk, but when we got downstairs it started to drizzle. If I had been by myself I would have went, but I won't take me nephew out in rainy weather just so I can get some exercise.

My alternative was to walk down the stairs of my 9 story apartment building while walking the landing to alternate stairs. Mr. Dozie didn't mind. Once home I still felt like I wanted more exercise and I remember that some 6 or so months ago I picked up a walk away the pounds video from Book Off.

In the DVD went and I started with the get up and get started 1 mile walk. It was surprisingly brisk and I could feel it in my legs and arms. After that I still felt like I could do more and I am not gonna deny it I thought about just doing another one of the get up and get started 1 mile walks, but I metaphorically slapped my self and turned on the 2 mile brisk walk. This one really had me sweating and breathing harder. I don't know if the mileage is correct, but this workout definitely had me feeling the burn.

I pondered the fact that when I walk outside I don't sweat as much and then it dawned on me it is because mostly my legs are moving, but with this workout I had to use my arms, and up my pace and follow along. I think that I will continue to do this work out as well as alternating it with walking out side. I will see how it goes.

Keep up all the hard work on your own personal journey.

Liv, Love, & Laugh...Often,

HB

No comments:

Post a Comment