More About This Blog

This year after so many other numerous new year resolutions of losing weight I am actually making a true leap to really get there. I have always been over weight. The last time I was any where near the weight I was supposed to be was 3rd grade. In my sophomore year of High School I weighed 232 lbs. In 2004 I weighed 287 lbs. Now I weigh 324 lbs. At my most I was 338 lbs.

I am going to use this blog as a way for me to track my ups and downs and find out what really works for me. I am not trying anyone type of diet, but rather searching through them all and pulling what I can use to stay healthy for the rest of my life. This isn't going to be a get thin in 6 month trip...the things I do have to last in the long-term or I will end up quitting and ending up right back where I started or worse off.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Six Flags damn near killed me...

Wow who would have thought a fun day with the family would end with me having chest pain and anxiety.

My sisters husband decided he wanted to spend the entire day there. So we left Lawton, OK for Arlington, TX at 6AMish. We hit the park at 10AM when it opened. I had pre-decided I would not be riding any of the rides even thought I paid $35 to get in. Sad for me kinda.

I am not comfortable at my size riding those rides whether the harness is a pole pushing into my stomach or a harness that comes down over my chest - which I have experienced and it wasn't pleasant with how big my breast are.

Traveling is not conducive to eating healthy. For breakfast I had a breakfast jack (jack in the box) and took off the bottom bun, but in the park the picking were fatty as can be. So it was a panda's express plate that I split between lunch and dinner.

By the end of the day...I was exhausted, sore, and my back and chest were tightening up and my arm was going numb. I don't like when that happens cause I know that some of those sign are precursors of a heart attack which kicks in my anxiety which makes it even worse. We finally left the park at 7PMish with a almost 4 hour drive home.

I am glad I went, but ever since then I have been having a hard time getting around to doing anything fitness like.

Hopefully I get back on it. What do you do when you don't want to work out?

1 comment:

  1. I hate working out! I haven't found a good system to get me out of that feeling, but I found that finding a workout buddy (boss lady) helps. You need your workout buddy to be dependable and pushy. I'm not saying boss lady is pushy, but you know what I mean...supportive. Always pushing me to do things that I don't want to do, but know it will help me out in the long run. When you get home, you should join the team. The Pushy Team!

    ReplyDelete