More About This Blog

This year after so many other numerous new year resolutions of losing weight I am actually making a true leap to really get there. I have always been over weight. The last time I was any where near the weight I was supposed to be was 3rd grade. In my sophomore year of High School I weighed 232 lbs. In 2004 I weighed 287 lbs. Now I weigh 324 lbs. At my most I was 338 lbs.

I am going to use this blog as a way for me to track my ups and downs and find out what really works for me. I am not trying anyone type of diet, but rather searching through them all and pulling what I can use to stay healthy for the rest of my life. This isn't going to be a get thin in 6 month trip...the things I do have to last in the long-term or I will end up quitting and ending up right back where I started or worse off.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

McDonald's, Walking, & Scales?

Hey All,

My sister asked me to drive to McDonald's for her today. First thought...I ain't gonna lie...what can I get & why can't you go? Then I took a second and regrouped. Remembered that it was my choice. So I got up got my bottle of water and an apple and went out and got her and my nephews food.

I am proud of being able to overcome my first instinct. I am the first person to say follow your first instinct in most circumstances, but unfortunately my first instinct when it comes to food right now is GOBBLE GOBBLE. So I can take the second instinct that says think before you eat.
I am still working it one meal at a time, but whatever works.

Surprises of surprises I actually went walking today. It was only 20 minutes, but it is a start.

I think that I have to buy another scales as my sister doesn't own one. There ain't no GNC anywhere round here with a scale, and how am I supposed to track or even know my exact weight right now with out one. Not to mention that my sisters need to get healthy too, so they can keep it up here with them when I leave and put it to good use.

HB

1 comment:

  1. Good job on not following your first instinct when it came to food. I'm still having a hard time with that.

    Good luck on the scale. Let me know which one you got.

    miss ya.

    ReplyDelete