More About This Blog

This year after so many other numerous new year resolutions of losing weight I am actually making a true leap to really get there. I have always been over weight. The last time I was any where near the weight I was supposed to be was 3rd grade. In my sophomore year of High School I weighed 232 lbs. In 2004 I weighed 287 lbs. Now I weigh 324 lbs. At my most I was 338 lbs.

I am going to use this blog as a way for me to track my ups and downs and find out what really works for me. I am not trying anyone type of diet, but rather searching through them all and pulling what I can use to stay healthy for the rest of my life. This isn't going to be a get thin in 6 month trip...the things I do have to last in the long-term or I will end up quitting and ending up right back where I started or worse off.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's a Choice

There are two theories so far:

1. I should make changes, but make them slowly, and don't abstain from all of the bad stuff, i.e. sugar and carbs).

2. Do my best to abstain from the bad stuff and make the healthy choice every time I have the choice (which is almost every time if I plan for it).

Which is right for me? I have the feeling that their is no one plan, activity, or lifestyle change that will work for everyone, or even a large group of folks.

I started out the year by doing my best to choose the healthy alternatives, walking, and really pushing myself. That lasted for about 2 months before I tripped up and fell back on old habits. I have tried and tripped up over and over again. Though getting healthy is definitely still in my thoughts.

Currently I am coming to the realization that I need to be conscious of my decisions. Yesterday, I decided that I would do what ever it was I needed to do to make the choices good ones for myself. On the back side of my right hand between my thumb and forefinger I have written the phrase "IT'S A CHOICE!" So that it is right there every time I look at my hand. So far it is helping me stay conscious of my food choices.

Still got a lot to get right with, but for right now I am taking it one meal at a time. I hope every one out there are taking the steps they need to to get where they want to be.

HB

No comments:

Post a Comment