More About This Blog

This year after so many other numerous new year resolutions of losing weight I am actually making a true leap to really get there. I have always been over weight. The last time I was any where near the weight I was supposed to be was 3rd grade. In my sophomore year of High School I weighed 232 lbs. In 2004 I weighed 287 lbs. Now I weigh 324 lbs. At my most I was 338 lbs.

I am going to use this blog as a way for me to track my ups and downs and find out what really works for me. I am not trying anyone type of diet, but rather searching through them all and pulling what I can use to stay healthy for the rest of my life. This isn't going to be a get thin in 6 month trip...the things I do have to last in the long-term or I will end up quitting and ending up right back where I started or worse off.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wow...9 days

Hey All,

Sorry to have been non-existent in the blog world for sooooo loooong. I was super behind in everything. I couldn't focus on not a one thing until yesterday. I don't know if this is too real for anyone out there, but having my period is not the norm for me, so I was wholly unprepared for the cravings. The week where mother nature decided to gift me with my period was HOOORRRIIIBBLLEEE! I feel it was that bad and want to mention again that it was horrible.
That was from Jan 30 - Feb 7.

Cravings...I was was drooling like a Saint Bernard over the Liliha Bakery counter, eyes just jumping from confection to confection. Don't know if it was that I hadn't had sugars (i.e. donuts and other sugary goodness) in a while, or if I was acting like a fat kid in a cake shop with unlimited access because of my period. I ain't not just a donut, but that and other sugary items and other carbs on that. It was sooo bad...but it tasted so good. Though looking back I do regret all that craziness.


Usually I put up my weekly info, but as you have noticed I missed last week (the close of the 5th week), but I did weigh in and I put on weight. Putting on weight wasn't a huge surprise, but the amount was. How is it that you can put on 6 pound in 7 days? I was bad, but damn I didn't think I was that bad.

On some exciting news I bought a new scale since my current one won't pick a weight and stick to it with in a 30 second time frame jumping with a gap of 10 to 12 pounds from one second to the next. I will put up more info on my newest weight loss item and some pics.

I am glad to be back on my eating healthy journey, and I am feeling better because of it. Not only did I not do so great from Jan 30 - 7, up until tonight I have been limiting my tv, absolutely no reading (which is even harder than not eating for me), blogging, and NOTHING else remotely enjoyable, but I had to do it cause I was trying to catch up. Catching up was taking up all my spare time. Behind in pre calc (in a huge way), behind in ACC 134 & ACC 137.

Happy to say that I am all caught up now. I just want to stay ahead in not just school but getting healthy. I hope everyone has been doing great in any and every aspect that they can. Be thankful for the little things. Even on days when I back pedal...I know that I have come a long way in only a measely 6 weeks.

Keep your eyes forward, head up, and feet moving toward your goals,

HB

1 comment:

  1. I hate having my period, too. Ugh, the cravings and mood swings...geez, forgetaboutit.

    I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one that feels that way. Don't worry, I've known to drool over donuts, so it's not a fat girl thing. It's I'm-having-my-period-and-dieting-sucks thing. LOL.

    I can't wait to see your new scale. this should be exciting.

    ReplyDelete